Monday, September 22, 2008

Look what I got!! YAY!!

The pretty roses he gave me!!

Ok I'm so excited!! Yesterday was my birthday and my hubby bought me the best thing ever. My first crock!! We were on our way to the campgrounds and there was a yard sale he wanted to stop at and I was out browsing through all the stuff and couldnt find a thing I liked. Well as I was walking away I seen the crock out of the corner of my eye sitting under some old clothes that were hanging up. My husband knew I seen it and asked the lady what she wanted for it. She told him $50.00 and not a penny less. She said she really didnt want to get rid of it but she was moving to a very small place and just didnt have room for it. She told me it was very old and that her great uncle used to make pickles in it. Well we didnt have the 50 bucks (or so I thought) so we left and I was a little dissapointed. We got to the campgrounds and my husband and father in law said they had some business to take care of at the office with some paperwork to fill out so they had to go. Well about half an hour lady here comes my hubby lugging the huge crock that I wanted so bad!!! I got very excited and wanted to go home just to find a place to put it in my house LOL He is so sweet. He did so much for my birthday this year because with having had 4 kids it was the first birthday I havent been pregnant in 5 years! Well now ladies I need a little help from you I really couldnt find any info on this crock. I found one page that I'm not sure if it is the right place or not Here is the link
www.ci.akron.oh.us/AkronHistoryTrails/pdf/aht_final.pdf
It is in adobe reader It is page 9 out of 18 called An Industrial Trail Akrons Ceramics Industry
If you guys could find any info on this let me know!!Heres some pics of my crock
Im guessing its about a 20 or 30 gallon I'm not sure but its huge!!
This is the marking on the front of it

Yeah Landon thinks its funny to throw his bottle in it then cry cause he cant reach it LOL
It says Merrill & CO Akron O

6 comments:

Kindra said...

Happy belated birthday!! What a great crock! I would love to have one like that in my home!!

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday to you...
You are for sure one lucky gal to get such a wonderful gift. I just love it and the use of it is endless.

Sandy

Colleen said...

That sure is a beauty! Such a wonderfully sweet surprise ... and a gift you'll always remember. I can't wait to see what you'll do with it!

Linda said...

It sure is wonderful! Hubby did good!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I love surprises too! The flowers are beautiful and the crock will look so prim where ever you chose to put it.
Rondell

ohiofarmgirl said...

Happy birthday...hope it went well. I adore your crock...looks like a great choice...what you putting in it? LOL Dianntha