Friday, October 24, 2008

Some bad things have been goin on

Well I haven't been blogging as much as I'd like to. My kids have been keeping me extra busy. And my 1 year old thinks that my computer is a big pretty toy and have messed a few things up. We had a tragic accident that happend right across the street from our home. I'm not sure who all is from Ohio but if you are you have probably seen the news about the oil well exploding on Sunday afternoon and two men being killed. Well that oil well is right across the street from our home and one of the men killed was my husbands uncle. We went right over when we seen the explosions knowing that his uncle would have been back there but when we got close only my husband went close because a neighbor said that only two of the tanks blew and another one could so I waited impatiently for my husband to come back out. He came out and said it was an awful sight he actually seen his uncle laying already dead on fire and there was nothing he could do. It scared me so bad because my husband and father in law work on those wells on the side to and it could have been them back there with the others. I feel so sorry for the whole family. His wife is such a nice lady and they have four children and one grandchild.So please all of you keep the whole family in your thoughts and prayers during this hard time. And that was also the day my husband was going to fix his brakes but didn't get a chance to because of all that was going on and he left for work Monday morning and the brakes went out and he crashed into a tree. Luckily he wasn't going very fast and it was right down the road so he wasn't hurt to badly just a black eye and a busted eyebrow. He is doing just fine now. So it has defiantly been a hectic week around here. Well gotta go for now but hopefully I'll be back on soon.

7 comments:

Shay said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

I think this must be the season for the kiddos to go a little on the wild side! Mine are the same way! It's been very difficult to even work!! :)

Saying many prayers for your hubby, I'm so glad he wasn't hurt badly, how scary! Blessings & hugs to you,
Shay

ohiofarmgirl said...

Oh my goodness...that is just terrible. I had heard about it but had no idea that I would know anyone who was effected by. I am sorry to hear about your uncle. I will say a prayer for all of you. Your dear husband is so luck not to have been hurt even worse...he must have an angel with him. Blessings to your family, Dianntha

Colleen said...

Oh, Ashley ... I'm so sorry for your family's loss and your husband's accident. I'll be keeping you all in my prayers.

Linda said...

I am so so sorry for your loss and that your husband had to see such a horrible site as well.

Farmchick said...

Oh that is terrible. I am so sorry for your family's loss and for what your husband had to go through.

Sandy said...

Oh my...your family has gone through so much. I will keep everyone in my thoughts...

Siri said...

I am very sorry for your family's loss. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Prim Blessings,

Siri